Update on Open Source Contribution: Mar01

Hey there folks!

This week I worked on two projects and learned a bunch of cool stuff.

MojiScript

The first project that I worked on this week is MojiScript.


MojiScript is an Async First, opinionated, and functional language designed to have 100% compatibility with JavaScript engines. This will allow full access to JavaScript modules (NPM) and all tooling already available to JavaScript. This means that MojiScript language features can run in any JavaScript application and vice-versa.

I worked on the issue given below:

The issue I worked on

Setting up the project was easy.

Even the fix was also pretty simple. I just searched for ‘mojiscript/types/is’ text in VS Code search box and found the file (is.mdx) which contain this line of code. And then, I just changed the line from ‘mojiscript/types/is’ to ‘mojiscript/type/is’.

Later, I also change the same code of line in ‘unless.mdx’ and ‘when.mdx’.

My pull request

In the end, I submitted the pull request with my changes and it got merged.

Project Repo Link

Issue Link

Pull Request Link

And then an amazing thing happened

Joelnet (Main code maintainer) added me on MojiScript’s contributor’s list with a link to my personal website.

Readme.md file of MojiScript

Another project that I worked on this week is the Brewery Finder.

Brewery Finder

This is a website built to find any local or nearby brewer. Currently, it only provides breweries information located in the United States.

The website is written in React.

Again, It was a great opportunity for me to work with React.

Also, in one of my school course, I have to work with a project which uses APIs to fetch data. So, my professor recommended me to check some projects on GitHub which utilize APIs to get an idea of implementing APIs in projects. So, Brewery Finder was a good project to work on.

I worked on the issue given below:

The issue I worked on

The fix was not that easy I had to search for hours to find the best solution. Then suddenly JQuery came across my mind and I fixed the issue in minutes.

The owner seems to like my fix.

I submitted the pull request with my changes and it got merged.

Project Repo Link

Issue Link

Pull Request Link

And then suddenly…

The owner reopened the issue and he fixed the issue without Jquery.

Reopened and closed

He fixed it with just one line i.e. given below:

onMouseDown={e => e.preventDefault()}

Ahhh, I didn’t know we can use ‘OnMouseDown’ method. Before fixing it with Jquery I tried the same way but instead, I used the ‘onClick’ method. However, it didn’t work for me.

Well, now I know.

In upcoming weeks, I will be working and fixing more issue in Open Source projects and definitely will post a blog update about it.

Stay Tuned!

One thought on “Update on Open Source Contribution: Mar01

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s